Sunday 4 May 2014

What is the ultimate three car garage?

As this post is somewhat of a special occasion (being my tenth post. ok, maybe not that special) I thought that I would take the time to make a lot of enemies by tackling the question faced by every car-lover the world over (usually when they are extremely bored). If you could have any three cars, what would they be? I don't doubt that every combo would be different, and that they would vary widely, from Reliant Robins (well, someone might) to McLaren P1's (a lot more probable).

Ok, enough stalling, time for me to come out and say it. After a long and thoughtful (and long) car journey I have reached a verdict, one that not even I am happy with. Firstly I would have to have a Laferrari. Out of the three this would probably be the least controversial. After seeing it on the cover of the latest Top Gear magazine, I decided that it must be in my garage. Second would probably be a Lamborghini Countach from the olden days. The car itself was made to be special and even though I was not alive when it came out it has still found its way into my heart. The last car in my garage would have to be a Lotus Evora GTE (no, my love affair with Lotus is still going strong). Something about its curvaceous body matched with carbon fibre addition matched with the ability to demolish both road and track meant that it had to be in the big three.

But I am not happy with it. How is three supposed to even scratch the surface of the cars that I lust after. Some other very strong contenders for the top spots included:
  • The new corvette stingray
  • The 2015 Ford Mustang
  • The lotus Esprit V8
  • A DMC Delorean
  • A Ferrari 250 GTO
  • A Lamborghini Miura
  • many, many more... 
Now that I have had my say in this most controversial of car questions, I know that lots of you will be bursting to have your say in the matter. And these outbursts can be directed at the comment box, where they will be appreciated, completely stupid or not. May the arguments begin!

Nev





No comments:

Post a Comment