Thursday 2 April 2015

Koenigsegg Regera: The first hyper hybrid?

Oh, I do love writing about super Koenigsegg's. They are just so mad and outrageous, with every fact making you double check. As some of my loyal readers may remember, last year I wrote about the limited run Koenigsegg One:1, a car with a seriously frightening power: weight ratio. Well, now Koenigsegg is planning a car using some of the tech on the One:1, and was unveiled at the recent Geneva motor show. It's called the Regera, and believe me, the stats are even more scary.

Firstly, the looks. It keeps the traditional Koenigsegg loos but with a modern twist, looking like a modern Agera. But the people at Koenigsegg have obviously desired more power than is possibly necessary. And here comes the most shocking figure: the horsepower. Wait for it...it has all of 1800bhp. I'll just give you a minute to digest that fact. 1800. More than a Veyron by about 700. Is it really necessary. And it's a hybrid. It has a modified 5 litre V8, and also two electric on each rear wheel. The twin turbo B8 generates 1100 BHP alone, and the motors another 700. The weight of the hybrid system does mean that the 0-62 time is not as low as it could be, at a relatively sluggish 2.7 seconds. But, after 30mph, the power really takes off. Top speed? 255mph. 0-250mph? Under 20 seconds. That is insane! 

I don't think I have to say anymore. I'll just leave you with those facts again. 1800bhp, 2.7 seconds, 255mph. I hope it arrives as soon as possible.

Nev




No comments:

Post a Comment